Strange talent problem

Using Linux Mint 19.2, everything installed and ran perfectly but I’ve noticed a weird problem with an Orc where I visit the weapon trainers (Undercity, TB, Org) and learn a skill, then when I die or exit the game and go back in the skill is unlearned and the shoot/throw skills have been taken away.

I’m using the heirloom gun, was able to equip it and use it for a while, died and upon resurrecting the gun equipment is red and shoot is gone again.

Created a bug report, took some searching to find that is probably better place for it

https://github.com/cmangos/issues/issues/2045

Well nevermind, I’m not giving them a real email and they apparently don’t respect privacy.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong… Hard to believe it would be broken and searched 17 pages of bug reports going back to 2013, when I last tried it around 2014 I swear it used to work.

I’ve even tried clearing cache, rebuilt from scratch, Paladin does the same thing auras don’t work at all and learning any weapon training vanishes upon exit and restart. Is the project really in worse shape now than it was in 2014?